Home » FASHION

Summer Skin

Images + Post By: | May 30, 20128 Comments

I know what’s in for summer: bright floral prints on pants and tropical plants on leggings. Sweet dresses in pale colors; touches of lace. I want none of that. This summer I am interested in baring skin while wearing skin. I can’t get the luxeness, the toughness, the timelessness of black leather out of my head. Faux, real, for real. I’m not envisioning dusty leather jacket or or scuffed up motorcycle boots—nah, something sleeker and more surprising than that. I’m seeking leather in unusual shapes, unexpected forms, and as an accent that elevates a look from basic to beyond.

Let’s start at the top and work our way down.

This leather cap from Stetson is a must have for summer, to be worn with as many other textures (mesh, nylon, denim, chains) or as little other clothing (bikini, bra top) as possible.

This leather necklace from Zara can be worn with everything, or nothing. It would work ell over a white beater and cut offs during the day. It would kill over something sheer at night. It epitomizes the potential of leather to be feminine and playful without being passive.

I thought the greatest love of all was leather tee shirts, until I saw this leather tank top available at Nasty Gal. My love for it is unconditional.  Extra points for the long thin necklace. I love how this tank has strong form without being form fitting. Loose leather is THE look. Since I don’t have this body type, I would layer it over another tank/dress or wear something with a super high waist.

I find the elastic waistband to be one of the most controversial design elements in all of fashion. These leather-look shorts from Stylestalker tip the drawstring scales toward “absolutely.” They’re like fake leather soccer shorts–the summer choice of champions.

At the risk of being super trendy: leggings.  I think they’re a fixture and rather than fighting it, why don’t we just style them better? Like not with corny stilettos. If you got thick thighs,  you can serve major body wearing a contrasting fake leather strip. If you live by the law “leggings are not pants,” wear an away from the body top that covers your cunt.

These are the crown jewel of summer skin: 90% water snake leather drop crotch shorts from Rick Owens. They are 1000% future sexy. They are 3000% above my pay grade. I would like to start a Kickstarter to own them.

Happy hunting for summer skins!

• Antonio said:

There is clearly a bundle to identify about this. I suppose you made various nice points in features also.

• heat pump system said:

Can I just say what a aid to find somebody who really knows what theyre speaking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people must read this and perceive this aspect of the story. I cant consider youre not more widespread since you undoubtedly have the gift.

• seo training said:

I would like to point out my respect for your kind-heartedness supporting those people who must have help on this theme. Your very own dedication to passing the solution up and down appeared to be particularly beneficial and have regularly empowered somebody just like me to achieve their targets. The important guide means much a person like me and far more to my office colleagues. Thank you; from each one of us.

• Alesia said:

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!

• Elton Raburn said:

LIke your site. Do you want to trade links.

• side effects of hormone replacement therapy said:

excellent post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

• Marshall said:

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and amazing design and style.

• commercial steel doors said:

As I web site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling excellent , appreciate it for your hard work. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.