Brighten Up Your Spirits In 2011 !
Thanks to Martha Stewart, this delicious Lemon-Drop Champagne Punch will surely turn your frown upside down this New Year’s Eve. Check out the recipe after the jump!
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 lemons, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) Champagne, chilled
- 3/4 cup best-quality vodka, chilled
- 4 ounces candied lemon peels
- With a vegetable peeler, remove zest from each lemon in a long, continuous spiral. Juice lemons, and strain pulp (you should have 3/4 cup juice). Set aside.
- Heat sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add zest. Let syrup cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Pour Champagne, vodka, lemon juice, and syrup into a punch bowl; stir. Serve glasses of punch with candied peels.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Lemon Drop-Champagne Punch – Martha Stewart Recipes