Home » FASHION

Style Maven: Svala Björgvinsdóttir

Images + Post By: | June 4, 200922 Comments

flyinhw8

Icelandic electro act Steed Lord has long been a favorite of mine; since ’07, they’ve had me rocking along to synthy dance beats that would make even the stiffest of “stick in the muds” bust out some serious moves, Napoleon Dynamite style. That being said, they also have a very hot lead singer by the name of Svala Björgvinsdóttir (or her pseudonym, Kali). And trust when I say her style is just as great as her voice (and trust me, that’s saying something!)

After first emerging on the scene in the mid 90s with “one hit wonder” Icelandic electronica act, Score, Svala tried going down the traditional pop route before getting back to her electro roots in 2006. Since then, she and her band mates have been touring the globe, making good music wherever they go.

But more so than loving her for brightening my days with dancey goodness for a good year or so, her style kills. The flaxen haired songstress mixes high and low, coupling more modern pieces with 80s throwbacks like rope chains and doorknockers. But it’s always executed so well. And whether she’s sporting elaborate hair and makeup, or a fresh face and signature bun atop her head, she never ceases to look like an absolute doll. And apparently, others have taken notice, too; Svala landed a MAC campaign in her native, Iceland a few years back.

And although she and the rest of her Steed Lord crew haven’t enjoyed a huge commercial success, and are still kind of unknown Stateside, I don’t really see it as an issue; they’re awesome, and underground (often the best way to be). And the way I see it, the fewer people that have her as a reference, the easier I can jack her style without getting caught!

airwmg3busyp53bv2gratzjm5

svala_mac_2svala_balloonsvala_mac

svala_geishasvala_jumpsv_ruffles

• resim upload said:

thank you admin,for your great blog !

• Serena Holshouser said:

very good publish, i certainly love this website, keep on it

• mature singles only said:

Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results. mature singles I enjoy what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage! Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve added you guys to my own blogroll.

• callgirls düsseldorf said:

One of the best articles we have ever read on the internet! I recommend it for sure all your friends, so you may want to look you think that the Internet should be more people writing such a wonderful message. If you can recommend me more such articles on these topics, please have some information.

• www.Alegro.pl said:

There are some attention-grabbing closing dates in this article however I donít know if I see all of them heart to heart. There may be some validity but I’ll take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as properly

• Rusty Riddlebarger said:

stupendous diary you retain

• ear infection antibiotics said:

Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

• Floyd Fann said:

Just wanted to give you a shout from the valley of the sun, great information. Much appreciated.

• stainless steel jewelry said:

Thanks for the tips you have provided here. Yet another thing I would like to talk about is that personal computer memory demands generally rise along with other breakthroughs in the technological know-how. For instance, when new generations of cpus are made in the market, there’s usually an equivalent increase in the size calls for of both pc memory and also hard drive room. This is because software program operated through these cpus will inevitably increase in power to make use of the new technological innovation.

• latex foam said:

Thanks for helping me to gain new ideas about computer systems. I also hold the belief that one of the best ways to keep your laptop computer in perfect condition is to use a hard plastic-type material case, or shell, which fits over the top of one’s computer. Most of these protective gear are model precise since they are made to fit perfectly above the natural casing. You can buy these directly from the vendor, or through third party places if they are designed for your laptop, however not every laptop may have a cover on the market. Yet again, thanks for your ideas.

• tomtom one xl said:

It is indeed my belief mesothelioma will be the most deadly cancer. It has unusual properties. The more I actually look at it the harder I am convinced it does not work like a true solid tissue cancer. When mesothelioma is really a rogue virus-like infection, then there is the probability of developing a vaccine in addition to offering vaccination for asbestos exposed people who are open to high risk connected with developing long term asbestos connected malignancies. Thanks for discussing your ideas about this important ailment.

• phen375 reviews said:

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

• Aukcje Alegro said:

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

• minicab booking said:

I have learned new things out of your blog post. One other thing to I have discovered is that usually, FSBO sellers may reject anyone. Remember, they would prefer to not use your providers. But if an individual maintain a gentle, professional partnership, offering help and remaining in contact for four to five weeks, you will usually have the capacity to win a meeting. From there, a listing follows. Thank you

• Kreditablehnung Schufa said:

It’s hard to seek out knowledgeable people on this topic, however you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

• Alegro.pl said:

This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

• Cristine Bodziony said:

You really make that seem so easy with a person’s presentation although I see this topic being really an element that I think I would never understand

• Ferienpark said:

Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

• hostgator coupons said:

You are my intake , I have few web logs and rarely run out from to brand : (.

• Christian Louboutin Sale said:

good good?-this post deserves nothing ?-hahaha just joking ?-nice post Big thanks for the useful info i found on ANTIQUE WHITE BEDROOM FURNITURE.

• Clyde Diewold said:

Considerably, the report is in actuality the sweetest on that notable subject. Once creating your custom wedding dress, you possess a number of options.